The CDC firmly states that the best way to stay safe and keep others safe, is to celebrate holidays only with those we already live with. However, everyone knows that is easier said than done. For that reason the CDC has come up with practical guidelines and tips for gathering with family or friends during holiday celebrations!
- Limit attendees. As an example: Instead of one family hosting 30 people, consider breaking apart into smaller groups of 7-10. Use a video messaging tool, such as Zoom, to have virtual celebrations!
- If possible, host your event outside and encourage use of masks and social distancing. If staying indoors, try to open windows to allow fresh air ventilation.
- Discourage singing or shouting, as those actions contribute to higher expression of droplets during breathing.
- Provide or suggest personal protective equipment such as sanitizers, masks, and storage bags for masks between eating/drinking.
- Treat pets as humans in terms of social distancing and sanitization. or limit interaction with other family members, friends and animals outside of your household.
- Utilize single or no-touch items, like bottom step garbage cans, and paper cups/plates/pre-measured dressing cups.
- Clean up and launder items immediately after the gathering.
For more tips from the CDC. If you aren’t feeling well remember your local Medac is always happy to help! Our urgent care centers are open every day of the week 8:00 am to 8:00 pm- No appointment necessary! We will be CLOSED on Christmas day. We offer flu shots, flu tests, as well as COVID-19 testing. To be seen by a provider, simply walk in, or save your spot online by clicking here! For information on E-registration to save time click here. Telemedicine options are available here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!