Halloween is supposed to be fun. Whether you are out trick-or-treating or handing out the candy, here are some tricks to help you avoid the urgent care and emergency department this October 31st!
- Check your family’s costumes for dragging parts and make sure that all footwear fits properly. Tripping on costumes can cause cuts, scrapes, sprains, breaks, and strains!
- Don’t forget to stay safe by respecting animals and only approaching them if the owner invites you. Halloween is scary for them, too!
- Visibility is important! Prevent collisions with drivers, bikers, and other people, by using glow sticks, reflective tape, and sticking to well-lit areas. Don’t go for too-bright flashlights pointed at cars, as they can make it hard for drivers to see.
What about treats? We thought about that, too. At the end of the night examine your children’s treats for the following:
- Choking hazards
- Allergens like nuts and dyes
- Loose candy without any wrapping is a no-go!
- Pinholes or other damage to wrappers means time-to-toss!
- Repackaged treats or home-made goods from strangers, like popcorn balls, are probably better to skip!
Should you need us at Medac, our urgent care centers are open every day of the week 8:00am to 8:00pm- No appointment necessary! To be seen by a provider, simply walk in, or save your spot online by clicking here. Stay safe and have a spooky-fun October 31st!